The Downtown Building Assistance Center Building Permits and Inspection Counter has been experiencing an unusually high volume of customers between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
To avoid long wait times you may consider visiting our office before or after these hours.  The Center is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. 
Thank you for your cooperation and we look forward to helping you.

We issue building permits and provide plan review and field inspection services for all private development building projects within unincorporated Sacramento County.
The incorporated cities of Citrus Heights, Elk Grove, Folsom, Galt, Isleton, Rancho Cordova and Sacramento have their own building departments and are not served by the County Building Assistance Centers.
Locations and Hours
*New applications take time. Please arrive prior to 4pm.
Building Assistance Centers - Downtown & Branch Center 
Parking at Building Assistance Center - Downtown: Bring parking stub to counter for one hour validated parking at 725 7th Street Parking Garage
County Service Centers - North, East & South 
New Building Codes Effective January 1, 2014
Sacramento County requires all new plan review and permit applications to comply with the 2013 California Building Standards Codes which are based on the 2012 International Building Codes. This includes Building, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Residential, Energy, Fire, and Green Building Code. Review A Guide to the California Green Building Standards Code (Low-Rise Residential).
The 2013 Title 24 Codes include, but are not limited to, the following significant changes:

Who Is Ultimately Responsible if Work Proceeds Without an Inspection?


 Plan Review




 Field Inspection